8 Things

I was asked to write about 8 things that most people don’t know about me. I don’t know who started this or why I’m playing along, but here it goes…

1. I have a crush on Cyndi Lauper.

2. I used to suck my middle finger, so it would always stick up slightly higher than the others.

3. I don’t like furry drinks (pulp) and I don’t much like fuzzy drinks (always with one exception: Fanta Red Cream Soda when I was a kid, Root Bear in High School, and Fresca now).

4. Wafers are the best treat (Can anyone confirm the existence of “Twookies?”) and pistachios are the best snack.

5. Pineapple does NOT belong on pizza.

6. I occasionally like to drink buttermilk.

7. Claire suggested I write “I sing on key” since most people don’t know that about me…”Tone, Connie!”

8. I associate almost everyone with an animal or famous person.

Now, I’m supposed to request that other people keep this weird thing going (I feel like a teeny bopper) by doing the same. Honestly, though, I would love to hear Julie’s list.

brooklyn heights promenade
A totally unrelated photo of Claire on the Brooklyn Heights Promenade…

23 Comments

• September 23, 2007 - 4:50 pm | Permalink

Good job! Are you keen on Cyndi Lauper because of her vocal style, her wacky hair cuts, or her awesome 80’s polkadot dresses?

Also, now I’m curious, what animals or famous people are Trever, me and Ava?

• September 23, 2007 - 4:53 pm | Permalink

Sorry to disappoint, but I cannot disclose any of my associations…except, Trever is Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

• September 23, 2007 - 4:55 pm | Permalink

…and I have no explanation for my Cyndi infatuation. It all started when I was geeking out on the computer at 3:00 am and stumbled upon some songs that somehow made it into my iTunes library (I probably downloaded them in the days of Napster). Claire came in and I confessed that I had a crush on a pop star. I told her it was Cyndi Lauper and she seemed amused. I think she would have had a different reaction if I told her it was J-Lo or something.

• avik
    September 23, 2007 - 9:49 pm | Permalink

man, i love j.lo

• September 24, 2007 - 9:09 am | Permalink

Don’t be fooled by the rocks that she got. She’s still Jenny from the block.

• September 24, 2007 - 2:51 pm | Permalink

I LOVE that you click my name and POOF! (that’s just an aside) No, really…that is so cool..You should do it on my website so everytime I write My Awesome Manager it poofs them over to Richandbeautiful!! OK. eight things? and they have to top having a crush on Cyndi Lauper? OK I’ll tell– if you tell me who you associate me with…and I hope it’s an animal..

• September 24, 2007 - 2:58 pm | Permalink

I believe the technical term for “poof” is a “link”…sort of like the technical term for “writey talkiy-talk thingie” is “blog.”

• September 24, 2007 - 9:24 pm | Permalink

yeah, yeah…spit it out…What is my animal? You are sidestepping.

• September 24, 2007 - 9:48 pm | Permalink

Oh my gosh!! I just poofed into line rider and jackson pollack ! Wheee! Now I know what to do with all my free time!

• September 25, 2007 - 8:46 am | Permalink

Quit poofing around and list your 8 things!

• September 25, 2007 - 10:00 am | Permalink

I’m waiting for my animal…or famous person…besides me..NOW FESS UP!

• September 26, 2007 - 9:40 pm | Permalink

still waiting…and while I am I’m using the time wisely by cleaning up throw up from three of my four kids and my own…Always when Tane is out of town….the fun never ends!

• Claire
    September 27, 2007 - 5:28 am | Permalink

That’s awful! I’m so so sorry, Julie! As far as animals go, that makes me think of my parents’ little black poodle who vomits whenever she eats “people” food (which was pretty frequently when my kids were in town).

• September 27, 2007 - 10:25 am | Permalink

so are you saying I’m a little black poodle?? Be careful! I haven’t eaten in 2 days and I’m a little crabby….I’ve been called a lot worse though. Come to think of it, a poodle wouldn;t be so bad..or so far off.

• October 1, 2007 - 4:28 pm | Permalink

Which animal or famous person am I?

🙂

• October 2, 2007 - 5:27 pm | Permalink

OK OK you waited me out because you know what a blabbermouth I am and I couldn’t resist. But I better get a cool animal out of this…
    1. I have no baby toes.
    2. I enormously disenjoy caraway seeds.
    3. I believe there are two kind of people in the world–those who love Neil Diamond and those who hate Neil Diamond. I am one of those.
    4. Big fan of Hogan’s heros/ secret crush on Bob Crane.
    5. Totally love love love my kids (nobody would guess that).
    6. I unscrewed the light bulbs on the University of Utah’s enormous “U” on the side of the mountain 1/3 way so it was an enormous flashing “J”..and out ran the cops.
    7. I never ever ever did the….oh, but I think I’m still under a court ordered gag thingie about that.
    8. I am a practitioner of the Zen as it relates to golf, but I regularly fall asleep driving. Actually I fall asleep anywhere ,anytime, and immediately.

• john
    November 29, 2007 - 10:00 pm | Permalink

TWOOKIES RULE! i totally remember those.

• chitowndave
    September 21, 2008 - 8:18 pm | Permalink

I was one of the owners of the business that manufactured Twookies:

Intersweet, Inc.
    Skokie, IL

• Rich
    September 22, 2008 - 11:07 am | Permalink

Wha???? You better not be messing with me! What happened to Twookies? I couldn’t even find them on wikipedia.

• twookie
    January 19, 2009 - 11:12 pm | Permalink

can’t find anything on twookie’s on the internet. It appears Intersweet went bankrupt awhile ago. would love to find out more and see pics of twookies.

• K B
    February 24, 2009 - 1:54 pm | Permalink

Twookies were the best. No one believes me that they ever existed. I’m glad to see i’m not the only one who misses them

• May 18, 2009 - 11:06 pm | Permalink

is there any the brands that intersweet sold can the sold to other company

• Rich